- Robot kills man at Volkswagen plant in Germany
- Oahu's plastic bag ban officially in effect
- Boy chained up with dead chicken around neck tells his story
- US probing possible airline collusion that kept fares high
- Man bitten by shark on NC Outer Banks is 7th this summer
- The Latest: Moody's downgrades Greece to Caa3
- Inmate wounded by Nevada prison guard sues prison officials
- As SC fire investigated, stats show church fires not unusual
- US win draws best men's or women's World Cup semi audienceNEW YORK (AP) — The United States' win over Germany is the most-watched men's or women's World Cup semifinal ever on American television.
- Jamaica officials, creative types hold reggae conferenceKINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) — Jamaican government officials, lawyers and creative types have held a reggae conference to hash over ways of securing a competitive advantage with the homegrown music that long ago went global.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding licenseHELENA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.
- Oregon judge denies bail for Journey drummer accused of rapeSALEM, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon judge has denied bail for the drummer of rock band Journey, saying his repeated attempts to contact a woman he's accused of raping show that he poses a threat.
- New York prison break featured on Investigation DiscoveryNEW YORK (AP) — Twenty-three days of grabbing headlines has earned a television episode for two convicted killers who escaped from an upstate New York maximum-security prison.