- Police investigate motive in ambush of Houston area deputy
- Germany, France, Britain press for EU action on migrants
- Sierra Leone: Officials confirm new Ebola death
- Mothers, students join Japan's protests over security bills
- Egypt summons British ambassador over Al-Jazeera comments
- Hungary detains 5th suspect in truck deaths of 71 in Austria
- Malaysian PM pours scorn on huge rally demanding he quit
- 'Compton' tops box office for 3rd week; 'War Room' surprisesNEW YORK (AP) — "Straight Outta Compton" marked three consecutive weekends atop the box office, while the Christian drama "War Room" proved an unexpected success.
- 'Awakenings' author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at 82NEW YORK (AP) — There was the blind man who had the disastrous experience of regaining his sight. The surgeon who developed a sudden passion for music after being struck by lightning. And most famously, the man who mistook his wife for a hat.
- Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift set for MTV VMAsThe M in MTV will stand for Miley on Sunday night.
- Hikers behaving badly: Appalachian Trail partying raises ireBAXTER STATE PARK, Maine (AP) — When Jackson Spencer set out to tackle the Appalachian Trail, he anticipated the solitude that only wilderness can bring — not a rolling, monthslong frat party.
- Hundreds of Russians protest destruction of demon sculptureST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) — About 500 people have held a protest in Russia's second-largest city over the destruction of a century-old bas-relief of the demon Mephistopheles.