Spend the day with us cleaning up Waikiki Beach and enjoying food, sun, and games! We’ll clean up Ala Wai Harbor, Waikiki
- Lucas abandons plan to build museum in Chicago after lawsuitCHICAGO (AP) — "Star Wars" creator George Lucas announced Friday that he has abandoned plans to build his art museum in Chicago, blaming delays over a lawsuit from a parks group opposed to any development along the city's prized lakefront.
- Greek foundation unveils new Athens opera, national libraryA leading Greek foundation on Friday unveiled a sprawling new park, opera and national library in southern Athens designed to "give hope" to a country brought low by a six-year economic crisis. The 1,400-seat opera, library and adjoining park designed by famed Italian architect Renzo Piano cost nearly 600 million euros ($680 million) and took […]
- The Latest: Lucas Museum to be in California, not ChicagoCHICAGO (AP) — The Latest on filmmaker George Lucas withdrawing his plans to build an art museum in Chicago (all times local):
- Motivational speaker Robbins' coal walk burns more than 30DALLAS (AP) — More than 30 people who attended an event with motivational speaker Tony Robbins have been treated for burns after Robbins encouraged them to walk on hot coals as a way of conquering their fears, Dallas fire officials said.
- Judge blocks planned sale of Whitney Houston's Emmy AwardLOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge blocked the sale of an Emmy Award that Whitney Houston won 30 years ago after it was put on the auction block by the late singer's family.
- Man free after serving 20 years asks judge to keep case open
- Lucas abandons plan to build museum in Chicago after lawsuit
- Sheriff describes 'complete chaos' from floods; 7 deaths
- Motivational speaker Robbins' coal walk burns more than 30
- The Latest: 2 more bodies found, bringing death toll to 7
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be auctioned
- Obama names Stonewall national monument; 1st for gay rights