- Rockets hit Yemeni city, hotel with government officials
- Amid unrest in West Bank, Israel demolishes militants' homes
- NATO chief: Russian jets in Turkish airspace no accident
- Top EU court backs student in Facebook privacy case
- 3 million more refugees could leave Syria, Turkey warns EU
- The Latest: Officials seeking water donations
- The Trump swagger is seen, not always loved, worldwide
- Spain: Court sets Jan. 11 as trial date for princessMADRID (AP) — A Spanish court has set Jan. 11 as the date for the trial of Princess Cristina on tax fraud charges. She will be the first royal family member to stand trial since Spain's monarchy was restored in 1975.
- Train hero honors Oregon town on 'Dancing with the Stars'LOS ANGELES (AP) — An emotional Alek Skarlatos returned to "Dancing with the Stars" to honor his Oregon college town hit by a mass killing, calling the event harder to comprehend than the attack on a train he helped stop in France.
- Kerouac's knickknacks go on the road to author's hometownLOWELL, Mass. (AP) — The eclectic bric-a-brac that comforted and inspired writer Jack Kerouac is going on the road.
- Celebrity birthdays for the week of Oct. 11-17Oct. 11: Actor Ron Leibman is 78. Country singer Gene Watson is 72. Singer Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates is 69. Actor David Morse ("St. Elsewhere") is 62. Actor Stephen Spinella ("24") is 59. Actress Joan Cusak is 53. Guitarist Scott Johnson of Gin Blossoms is 53. Actor-writer Michael J. Nelson ("Mystery Science Theater […]
- Review: 'Steve Jobs' plays man versus machineWhen is someone going to open a window in Aaron Sorkin's "Steve Jobs"? Alas, wrong operating system.